Thursday, December 2, 2010

Inviting Angels

Happy December Everyone!


I heard an interesting story recently.

A friend of mine's 83 year old mother got in a fender bender. Completely unaware that while pulling into the parking lot at CVS, she hit someone's brand new Volkswagen while they were in it. My friend said to me, "It's amazing. Mother invites angels into her life every day, even if by hitting their car." He went on to share that when the owners of the VW explained to her that she had hit their car, she was embarrassed for not knowing she had and of course for doing it in the first place. The VW people told her not to worry and in fact, to go on in and do her shopping while they called the police for the incident report.

They did not treat her with anger or frustration. And it was a Brand New Car! They treated her with grace and kindness.

What a reminder that was for me. Every day we have opportunities to choose our response. Traffic, Work, Spilling coffee on ourselves, perhaps someone speaks to us unfairly or unkindly. What if an elderly lady hit your brand new car? How would you react? I can only hope and pray that I would be half as kind as these folks were.

I know that this story will remind me the next time a new person is checking out at the grocery store and taking too long when I'm in a hurry, that this moment right now is all I have. I need to choose for myself how I want to feel right now in this moment. I also need to recognize that how I treat this person will affect their day and the days of the other people he/she interacts with all day long.

My message today is about choice. My message is about inviting angels into your life every day. Choose to live right now in the present and choose how you want to feel about right now. Right now, this moment is all we are promised.

Remember: The Present is a Gift. It's also a good idea to say "Thank You" when you receive a gift.

Blessings And Peace,
Heather Olson


1 comment:

Ron Scarbro said...

Welcome back. You've been missed.

Love you,
Mom & Daddy